Monday, September 01, 2008

The Great Outdoors

For Labor Day Weekend, we headed up to the mountains with some friends. We camped just outside of Stanley. This was the beautiful view of the Sawtooths as we drove into Stanley.
Sitting around the fire after the first cold night without much sleep.
No, the camper isn't ours. We slept in a lovely tent.
Saturday we drove to Redfish Lake. The water was so clear and the scenery was amazing.
As always, Quinn loved walking up and down the beach and playing in the water.
We all had a great time relaxing by the water.

Our friends, the Seibolds, brought their wave runner up. Thanks Kim and Corey. Here's Jama speeding away from the beach.
Matt even took Quinn for a ride.
Quinn also got to try out his new bike seat. He loved riding around with daddy.
After the lake, we went for a drive and ended up at an old ghost town where we walked around for a while.
We were all exhausted by the time we got back to camp that night.
Even Quinn was tired.
After a very cold night's sleep (in the low 30's) Quinn was awake and ready to go again.
He loved being outdoors and running around all day long. He had a great time playing with his friend Claire.
This was the view as we were heading home. We had a great time enjoying nature and spending time with friends, but I think we were all ready to get home to our own beds and a hot shower.
Quinn was asleep in the car almost immediately after we left. I guess two days of running around in the woods will do that to you.




7 comments:

Islander said...

What a fun camping trip you guys must have had! I see that Quinn is a real outdoors kid just like his dad.

Cali and Travis said...

Sounds like a fun and eventful weekend! Glad you enjoyed it. And it looks like you had nice weather, too. We went up to our cabin, but got rained on the whole time.

Joshua said...

you guys are brave.

Looks really pretty though.

A*Waite said...

How fun. I love the Sawtooths. It is so beautiful up there.

The Drinkwater Family said...

How fun! We agree that tent camping isn't that great anymore! Enjoy Idaho for us!

Kim said...

Wow! It sounds like you have some really great friends!

Glad you had fun. We'll have to do it again!

Ande said...

Looks like a fun weekend. We haven't been camping this year, of course I have a good excuse, I don't like sleeping in a tent when I am pregnant, even if it is on a matress. :)